William HillOfficial Betting Partner
About William Hill
Founded in 1934, William Hill is one of the most trusted brands in our marketplace, attracting millions of customers from around the world.
Employing more than 16,000 people in nine countries, we continue to transform our business, investing in new technology and innovation, and extending our vast product range to capture substantial growth and opportunities.
In addition to the UK Retail and Australia markets, our online business is headquartered in Gibraltar with its marketing and customer service functions in Israel, Bulgaria and the Philippines. We also have licensed websites in Italy and Spain, and William Hill US operates in the states of Nevada and Delaware.
It is a competitive industry and we are constantly innovating to stay ahead. We are using the cash generated by retail to invest in growth opportunities in digital and international markets.
We are using our scale to promote our brand and to pioneer technology to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
Vitally, we understand the critical role we play in encouraging our customers to gamble responsibly with the best experience available.
Key Facts and Figures
- 16,000- Employees worldwide including the UK, Gibraltar, Israel, Bulgaria, Italy, Spain, the US, Australia and the Philippines.
- 60,000- We have vastly expanded our product range over the last five years and, for example, offer markets on more than 60,000 football matches a year.
- 2.5m- Our Sportsbook app has been downloaded from the Apple App Store over 2.5 million times since it was launched in February 2012.
- 2,371- We are the UK's largest land-based bookmaker with 2,371 licensed betting shops in the UK.
- 26%- n 2015, we had 26% market share by number of shops.
Our sponsorship strategy associates William Hill with some of the biggest and best sporting teams and events in the country.
Passion is at the core of our brand and there is no sport in the world that showcases that value more than football.
Our sports sponsorship portfolio is heavily focused on the nation's favourite sport. In Scotland we are the title sponsor of the William Hill Scottish Cup and an official supporter of the Scotland Team.
Horse-racing is one of the betting industry's biggest sports and we sponsor one of the biggest National Hunt events of the season in the William Hill Winter Festival, including the blue riband King George VI Steeple Chase, as well as a number of feature races in both Flat and National Hunt racing throughout the year.
Another passion fuelled sport that we sponsor is darts. We previously sponsored the Grand Slam of Darts before we took over the most prestigious event in professional darts– the William Hill World Darts Championship in 2014.
One of the key reasons for the success of our sponsorships is our close working relationships with the respective governing bodies. These relationships allow us to maximise our PR and marketing activations programs around each of our sports sponsorships.
- Official Sponsor of the Scotland Team
- William Hill Scottish Cup
- FSF Awards, in association with William Hill
- Official Partner of the Football Writers' Association
- William Hill World Darts Championship
- William Hill Winter Festival, Kempton Park Racecourse
- William Hill Handicap Hurdle, Ascot Racecourse
- William Hill Ayr Gold Cup Festival, Ayr Racecourse
- William Hill Great St Wilfrid, Ripon Racecourse
- William Hill Festival of Greyhound Racing, Sunderland Greyhound Stadium
- William Hill All England Cup Festival, Newcastle Greyhound Stadium